Walter T. Clark
Walter T. Clark maintains a solid record as a trial attorney in the Inland Empire / California High Desert region, and he has earned high rankings within the legal profession.
Mr. Clark is a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, an invitation-only organization of attorneys who have extensive trial experience and who place high values on professional integrity and civility. In addition, he has achieved certification as a specialist in civil trials from the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is also certified and recognized by the Consumer Attorneys of California.
After receiving his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1972, Mr. Clark began his legal career by handling criminal trials as a Riverside County Deputy District Attorney. Later, he joined the Palm Desert plaintiff firm of Hirschi, Clark & Hawkins, where he became a partner. In 1996, Mr. Clark formed his own firm, the Walter Clark Legal Group. He has represented plaintiffs in more than 100 civil jury trials and hundreds of arbitration hearings. He has settled countless cases to clients’ satisfaction.
Mr. Clark is committed to providing zealous advocacy for his clients. But he sees his role as a plaintiff trial attorney as something larger. “I’m very focused on what I call leveling the playing field,” he says. “We constantly have to deal with legislation that is proposed by the insurance industry, by big pharma, and by the Chamber of Commerce which is totally unfair to consumers.”
Mr. Clark actively pursues opportunities to ensure that courthouse doors are kept open for plaintiffs. To that end, he is active as a sustaining member of the American Association for Justice and as a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California’s Board of Governors. “I think that’s what distinguishes me and the firm,” he says. “We are passionately involved with helping people in any way that we can.”
Mr. Clark is also active in helping his community through civic involvement. He has served as the director of the Community Blood Bank Foundation and the Wellness Foundation in Rancho Mirage since 2001; served as president of the Coachella Valley YMCA; and served for five years on the Indian Wells City Planning Commission, including one year as chairman.
Honors and Awards:
- Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Specialist, Civil trials
- Certified by Consumer Attorneys of California for recognition of experience as a trial attorney
- Certified by the American Board of Trial Advocates
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Riverside County Deputy District Attorneys Association, Vice President, 1975
- Desert Bar Association, President, 1979
- Coachella Valley YMCA, President, 1983
- Rancho Palmeras H.O.A., President, 1987 – 1988
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Trial attorney Association, Member
- Indian Wells City, Planning Commissioner, 1988 – 1993
- Indian Wells City, Chairman, 1993
Past Employment Positions:
- Hirschi, Clark, & Hawkins, Partner
- Riverside County, Deputy District Attorney, 1973 – 1976
Pro Bono Activities: